The big day is getting closer and closer, and thankfully this morning I get to tick the little box that says “knitted DIY projects finished”
In addition to my shawl which I posted earlier, I knit some favors (to be revealed later) and my hairdresser said I could do just about anything (pins/combs/veil) so… I made some flowers for my hair. Here’s the flowers I have ordered for my bouquet,
Which I used as inspiration for making my flower hair combs
I wrote up some of the pattern details for each flower on my Ravelry project page where you can see each flower solo. (Please note that those directions are very rough) To finish off my combs (6 red, 5 yellow, 5 violet) I left long tails to tie them onto the combs and then used a small dab of hot glue to set the knots and secure the flowers to the comb.
The most difficult parts of this project was finding plain combs (
Joanns, Sally Beauty Supply, Michaels had them but in the bridal supplies which wasn’t where I was looking) figuring out where I’d put my hot glue gun, and getting a photo that was fairly true to color.
Guessing I would say that each flower takes less than a yard and the red and gold were yarns already in my stash in fingering and lace weights.