In 2014, I knit at least 9320 yards, that’s over 5 miles of yarn!
The last thing coming off my needles was a Checked Rose Stitch Cowl experiment, finished Dec 30th.
This is a two color stitch worked with the same two yarns, just switching which yarn is the dominant yarn part way through.
Looking at the rest of my Ideas list from January and adding up all the things I’ve done this past year;
- I did not knit up my alpaca yarn. I did manage some design work, but thus far I’ve not been happy enough with the results.
- I DID make my first gloves, followed by my first fingerless, and first TWO sets of mittens.
- I DID tackle my second socks, and the third pair, and even a fourth!
- While I didn’t work on the Stellar’s Jay shawl, I did start and finish 6 shawls this year.
- Four of the Six Quilts I was planning did get some work done, but I actually did not finish a single quilt. The only Quilting thing I finished were some pillow cases. I am still working on Mario!
- I totally tackled brioche stitch too!
- I published 2 new patterns and even dyed some yarn using local berries.
So here’s a visual overview. Included you will find one rather fuzzy bear that was the secret gift I mentioned earlier.
I tackled a milestone on the blog front too. There was exactly one day when this site was not visited by anyone, not even a robot. So I want to thank all of you (even the robots) for making me feel so awesome every morning.
So now I be you are wondering what is next. I am going to save all that for a later post in the next few days, as this post is now very long and full of photos already.