I don’t really make New Years Resolutions… more because people seem to think its a great thing to think of and then don’t take them all that seriously. So I always have ideas and things I want to do and I do list them out as goals. In 2012 it was a new Christmas Stocking each month from January to October with a goal on selling them. I exceeded that plan in the crafting department, but I wish I’d done a bit better in the selling. In 2013 it was sweaters, gloves, and working on my Star Quilt.
Well I did get the Sweaters part done… I made 3 this year.
I didn’t get any gloves made and the only mittens were for a 6 month old which didn’t really have separate thumb holes so I am not counting them towards the original goal, and not much work on my star quilt so those will just have to move into 2014.
Instead I tackled some lace shawls.
And doubled the amount of quilts I’ve made with four more. (BONUS: A Christmas gift of a quilted table set that I designed and hand appliquéd)
I also made up some great plushies, custom curtains and finished my first ever double knit scarf… so there was certainly quite a bit going on in 2013.
So now its time to think about all I want to achieve in 2014….
I have six quilts on my list this year!
- A movie inspired gift quilt (lap size)
- An Art Quilt (3-4ft square) Inspired by one of Ben’s favorite Artists
- A Commissioned Baby Quilt
- My Star Quilt (Back again! – King size)
- A Christmas Cathedral Window Quilt
- An as yet to be determined 2nd quilt for the family room. Ben loves our VideoGame quilt, but thinks there should be a second quilt, because after all there are two of us.
In the knitting front I’ve got some other unique projects planned.
- A Scarf and Shawl from my wonderful new Alpaca yarn! I’m debating making my own patterns for these, but we shall see!
- Gloves are still on the list! I’ve already got the conductive thread to make them Smart Phone capable!
- I’m going to tackle a second pair of socks. I think with my skills I’ve worked on I might be able to do some patterns that won’t make me so bored by sock #2 (aka Second Sock Syndrome)
- I’ve got a few more shawls planned. Including one bird inspired based on the Stellars Jay
- I’d also like to tackle Brioche stitch as a new stitch this year. Perhaps I’ll use up my “Action Green” from the Seahawks Stocking on that.
So its a bit of a list looking at it all at once… but if I can tackle 3 sweaters, 4 quilts and learning so much about lace in a year… I out to have a good start on some of these… RIGHT?
Pingback: Let the Games Begin!… and then End! | Misscarlotta's Knitting Blog
Pingback: How did I do? (Year in Review) | Misscarlotta's Knitting & Quilting