So, Jean, who invited me on the Quilt Shop Hop Bus introduced herself as a “Beginner Quilter” in that she begins all her quilts. This was a minor consolation when I was organizing my fabric space and discovered my Sewing Works in Progress was overflowing a 14 gallon tote.
Now, to be perfectly fair, the first photo makes the tote look rather unorganized, but in reality under the bag of eventual Christmas Cathedral Window Quilt and the loose future Mario QAL blocks its all sorted out by project. But in my organizing I did find a few items that have languished in unfinished land for far too long. Primarily there was a set of three needlepoint pillows where all the needlepoint work was done, but the actual making into pillows part was never done. (One of which I posted about in July 2011, the other two were from even prior to that!)
So in an effort to finish some of the things… I forged ahead and finally finished making them into pillows.
The sunflower pillow I had actually bought material specifically for finishing. (Though I bought way more, because at the time it made perfect sense that I would make several sort of matching pillows and want to finish them the same.) The other two, I completed with stash fabric I’d originally bought for other uses.
So between the pillows and the two Mario QAL Blocks I made, it looks like I can at least close the lid of the WIP bin. (Until I need to get into it for the next project anyway!)
As I mentioned at the End of May in my last Super Mario Quilt-A-Long update, I am looking to do more than just 12 blocks in my quilt. Mario’s princess will be in this
castle quilt. So I’m doubling up the next couple months to be sure I get all my blocks done for year end finishing. This time I tackled two from the sky.
Future blocks include, Peach, Green Mushroom, Coin, Fire Flower, and a few more! I am aiming now for a 16 (4×4) block quilt.